Assembly Lines & Work Floor Area
- Configure communal work environments so that workers are spaced at least 6' apart, if possible. Current information about the asymptomatic spread of SARS-CoV-2 supports the need for social distancing and other protective measures within a manufacturing work environment. Changes in production practices may be necessary in order to maintain appropriate distances among workers.
- Modify the alignment of workstations, including along production or assembly lines, if feasible, so that workers are at least 6' apart in all directions (e.g., side-to-side and when facing one another), when possible. Ideally, modify the alignment of workstations so that workers do not face one another. Consider using markings and signs to remind workers to maintain their location at their station away from each other and practice social distancing on breaks.
- Use physical barriers, such as strip curtains, plexiglass or similar materials, or other impermeable dividers or partitions to separate manufacturing workers from each other, if feasible.
- If fans are used in the facility, take steps to minimize air from fans blowing from one employee directly at another employee. Personal cooling fans should be removed from the workplace to reduce the potential spread of any airborne or aerosolized viruses. If fans are removed, employers should remain aware of, and take steps to prevent,heat hazards.
- Place handwashing stations or hand sanitizers with at least 60% alcohol in multiple locations to encourage hand hygiene. If possible, choose hand sanitizer stations that are touch-free.
- Add additional clock in/out stations, if possible, that are spaced apart, to reduce crowding in these areas. Consider alternatives such as touch-free methods or staggering times for workers to clock in/out.
- Employers may determine that modifying production or assembly lines and staggering workers across shifts would help to maintain overall manufacturing capacity while measures to minimize exposure to SARS-CoV-2 are in place. For example, a plant that normally operates on one daytime shift may be able to split workers into two or three shifts throughout a 24-hour period. Depending on the items processed or manufactured in a particular plant, one shift may need to be reserved for cleaning and sanitization.
- Consider cohorting (grouping together) workers. This can increase the effectiveness of altering the plant’s normal shift schedules by making sure that groups of workers are always assigned to the same shifts with the same coworkers. Cohorting may reduce the spread of SARS-CoV-2 in the workplace by minimizing the number of different individuals who come into close contact with each other over the course of a week, potentially reducing the number of workers outside of the cohort exposure to the virus.
- Install production transfer-aiding materials, such as shelving and bulletin boards, to reduce person-to-person production hand-offs.
❏ Touch-free time clock(s) Handwashing stations
❏ Disinfecting wipes holders
Custom-Fit Keyboard Covers for Virtually Any Keyboard Glove-like fit offers maximum protection against spills, dirt, and biohazard contaminants Cleans easily with virtually any nonabrasive cleaner FS201445 has built-in nontoxic, nonleaching...
Universal Laptop Cover
Reusable Laptop Keyboard Cover Flexible silicone skin lays on top of keyboard for quick, convenient protection Designed not to slip or slide when in place Soft to the touch so...
Write Way® Directional Sign
Dual-Sided Messaging Dry-Erase Boards Excellent in lobbies, retail shopping floors, and other high-traffic areas in your facility Use to direct traffic or promote health and safety protocols Molded construction with...
Frost Framed Document Holder
Easy-Loading Document Holders Changing your message is as easy as printing one from your computer and slipping it into the pocket. Excellent for displaying and protecting health and safety signs...
Quick Change Messaging Frames
Quick-Change Wall Frames for Hygiene Posters Innovative flip-open design makes it easy to exchange signs without removing the frame from the wall Ideal for posting hygiene reminders and instructions through...
Two-Layer Facial Tissue
Soft Facial Tissue Created to be economical for offices, schools, restaurants, manufacturing and distribution facilities, while also providing a soft touch that rivals that of your favorite store-bought brand. Livi is...
Clear Choice Face Shields
Comfortable Face Shields Fit Over Facemasks and Glasses Open top and bottom enhance air circulation Adjustable band designed to comfortably fit virtually all head sizes Distortion-free optical lens Can be...
Opaque Wall-Mount Barrier
Protect Your Floors and Counters from Splash Hazards Creates a partition between coworkers or employees and customers Wall-mounted design is ideal for areas with minimal counterspace Excellent for use as...
Partition with Suction Cup Base and Cutaway Corner
Suction-Cup Sneeze Guards Stay Firmly in Place Helps create a barrier between coworkers and employees and visitors Ideal for creating a barrier between desks, on countertops, or in front of...
Document and Brochure Display
Sleek Sign and Brochure Holder Ideal for providing health and safety information to staff and customers Designed to hold 8.5"W x 11"H sheets and tri-fold fliers Made of Clear Acrylic; P-95 Acrylic...
12"x18" Floor Decals
Vinyl Social-Distancing Floor Decals Bold, attention-grabbing colors and designs are easy to spot Overlaminated with a nonslip, pebble-textured surface for added durability Stands up to heavy pedestrian foot traffic
Vibrant colors are easy to spot from a distance Excellent for use throughout your facility
Promote Social Distancing with Easy-to-Understand Floor Mats Universal stop-sign shape and shoe prints are easy to understand and help prevent language barriers Place mats at 6' intervals to encourage social...
Coronavirus COVID-19 Poster
Comprehensive COVID-19 Poster Educates on CDC InformationDesigned based on guidelines and information from the CDC, this poster functions as an all-in-one guide on coronavirus symptoms, what you need to know...
13gal Waste Can with AirStep™ Technology
Ergonomic, Step-On Waste Can Designed to Reduce Odors Low-effort, ergonomic waste can has a step-activated open and gentle, silent close Hands-free lid helps reduce the spread of infection Activated carbon...
Bowman ABS Small Bulk PPE Station
Small Bulk PPE Station Stock a variety of protective apparel, including coveralls/jumpsuits, in two compartments Hinged lid over the bulk compartments helps protect contents from contaminants Mounting keyholes Transparent PETG...
Bowman Dual Sided Floor Stand with Sign Holder
Dual-Sided Floor Stand with Sign Holder Holds one to two automatic hand sanitizer dispensers Sign holder with a "Stop the Germs!" sign included Comes with assembly hardware Column is quartz...