- Place social distancing reminders on the floor and at checkout desks.
- Require handwashing or hand sanitizer use on the way in and out of the library.
- Quarantine books overnight and/or disinfect them when returned.
- Use laser pointers or remote controls instead of providing “over the shoulder” assistance.
- Space out the seating to promote social distancing.
- Reduce or eliminate the use of the library as a study lounge.
- Increase short library visits in individual flexible library time, which also reduces hallway crowding.
- Explore options for physical barriers, remote book holds, and contactless interaction at the checkout desk.