- Limit the use and sharing of toys, games, art supplies, and playground equipment as much as possible. When shared use is allowed, clean and disinfect between uses.
- Consider holding recess activities in separated areas designated by class.
- Ensure students wash hands after touching play structures and maintain 6' of space from other children as much as possible.
- Offer outdoor play in staggered shifts, but if multiple groups are outside at the same time, they should maintain at least 6' of personal space.
- Keep groups together and maintain the same groups from day to day.
- Establish daily routines for cleaning playground equipment and toys
- Label containers for clean, unused playground equipment and for equipment that needs to be cleaned. Consider using labels with color coding or simple symbols so children of all ages can help with this daily activity.
- Focus cleaning efforts on plastic or metal surfaces where hands frequently make contact, such as bars and railings. Cleaning and disinfection of wooden surfaces or groundcovers is not recommended.